Monday 29 August 2011

Pig Orcs, Ninjas and Stone Circles

PIG-FACED ORCS!  Now in colour!
This is a very quick post showing off some paper cut-out products on DriveThru which have caught my beady greedy eye.  Like many others I have Monday off their might just be a few other posts happening in this blog.

Okay, if you're an old-schooler, a fan of AD&D, or of the earliest Basic editions, you'll be no stranger to the pig-faced orc.  Whether or not I believe orcs should have snouts is now completely ambushed in my nostalgia addled mind by the fact that they represent illustrations from those games.  David Okum's Orc Tribe is a sheer pleasure to behold.  It's a great mix of caricature and chunky costume details.

The PDF containing these printable figures also gives the player the option to select different colour capes and armour with different layers.  I'm really looking forward to other figures from this "Darkfast Classic Fantasy" range.  Perfect for acolytes of the OSR. 


Another Okumarts favourite of mine is this pack with ninjas and samurais (plural of samurai? not latin like octupi...).  This is mainly because I'm reading (S&W Whitebox) Ruins & Ronin rules at the moment, so I'm a complete sucker for quality medieval-Japanesey stuff.   Again, there's an option to change colours using the layers menu.

I hope you get to read this in time to take advantage of the a free offer by Lord Zsezse Works.  The Megalith Circle looks simple enough for the more clumsy paper modellers, like myself (thumbs the size of footballs).  Having browsed that pack, I'm now mightily intrigued by the Ancient Worlds: Columns Circle.  Both would make ideal set pieces for fantasy, horror campaigns.  Certainly cheaper than Dwarven Forge or Hirst Arts.


Now all I need to do now is to find some downloadable glue ....

Thanks for reading.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment